In this episode of Art of Authenticity I had a thoughtful conversation with Joshua Spodek, an astrophysicist, entrepreneur, leader, and author of the book Leadership Step by Step: Become the Person Others Follow.
Today, we have our very first repeat guest. We have Joshua Spodek joining us. He is a professor at NYU and a columnist for Inc, he holds – are you ready — five Ivy League degrees. If you’re having a complex at the moment, join me, because I am as well.
He has a PHD in Astrophysics, and an MBA from Columbia, where he studied under a Nobel Laureate, he has done a lot of different things with his life, and at the moment, he is working on helping people in leadership, an executive coach for Columbia’s business school, and he’s just worked really hard on this idea of how to teach people how to lead.
He believes very strongly that leading happens from experiencing it yourself. He’s written a book, Leadership Step by Step: Become the Person Others Follow. It’s all about creating positive change, but how to do it, specifically, with actual guidance step-by-step, with exercises that he has used in his teachings and he is sharing with you.
I am confident that Joshua has a ton to offer. Go check out his book, you can buy it right now on Amazon. If you’re looking to find out more about Joshua, you can find him at joshuaspodek.com, and I know that I haven’t had anybody on twice before, but I thought his book and his approach is particularly cool, and I thought you guys might be interested. So enjoy the show!
Thanks for Listening
Again, thank you so much for your support! Please subscribe to the podcast if you haven’t already!
- Why Joshua used a publisher for “Leadership Step by Step: Become the Person Others Follow” [3:28]
- Why Joshua chose to write a book about leadership step by step [4:56]
- Leadership Bias: Are you naturally a leader? Can you learn to be a leader? [7:26]
- Coaching people can be beneficial in business and personal relationships [9:41]
- How to motivate someone when you do not have authority over them [12:12]
- Why might employees not want to open up to people in management [14:14]
- How to handle working with a difficult boss [19:22]
- Joshua’s opinion on what makes a good teacher when teaching leadership [23:25]
- Joshua’s experience and advice on marketing [24:45]
- Overcoming our internal critiques of ourselves [28:53]
- Where is the book be available on Amazon and Joshua’s contact information [35:24]
- Joshua Spodek’s book: Leadership Step by Step: Become the Person Others Follow
- Joshua on Twitter