In this episode of Art of Authenticity, we had an inspirational conversation with, Marcus Anderson.
On today’s show we welcome Marcus Aurelius Anderson, Coach, Speaker, and Author of his new book, The Gift of Adversity. While preparing to deploy with the U.S. Army, Marcus suffered a severe spinal injury that left him paralyzed from the neck down. His life was turned upside down, and after dying twice on the operating table, he was told he would never be able to walk or use his hands again. Days quickly turned into months, and he was forced into life-changing soul searching. He discovered he was left with two choices, he could either be a victim, or he could change his mindset. Having no other option, he began looking for any lessons to be learned from his injury and soon discovered that his adversity was a gift.
Marcus now speaks, teaches, and writes to inspire others to actualize their full potential and achieve their goals and aspirations. this man has a remarkable story and believe me it’s one you want to hear, keep listening to hear more as we talk about the gift of adversity and staying true to who you are.
Thanks for Listening
Again, thank you so much for your support! Please subscribe to the podcast if you haven’t already!
- What led Marcus to making a life changing decision. [4:19]
- Marcus’s path to joining the military. [12:22]
- Military training versus military combat. [17:40]
- Why adversity is relative to everybody. [19:31]
- Understand how Marcus’s injury occurred. [22:45]
- Listen as Marcus tells about his near death experiences. [28:21]
- Being a victim or changing your mentality. [33:25]
- Pain and discomfort being the best teachers. [37:13]
- Adversity as the ultimate form of accountability. [42:29]
- If everything is a priority then nothing is a priority. [47:10]
- Living for the moment and minimizing distractions. [48:53]
- Being true to yourself and allowing your actions to reflect your truth. [50:49]
- And much more!
More About Marcus
- Marcus Aurelius Anderson — http://www.marcusaureliusanderson.com/
- Marcus’s TEDx talk on the Gift of Adversity — http://www.marcusaureliusanderson.com/speaking/
- Marcus on Twitter — https://twitter.com/the1realmarcus
- Kute Blackson’s book, You Are The One — https://www.amazon.com/You-Are-One-Adventure-Discovering/dp/1501127306/