In this episode of Art of Authenticity, I had an enjoyable conversation with Mark Aramlli, entrepreneur
On today’s episode, we welcome Mark Aramli. Mark is the CEO and the founder of BedJet, a climate control device he engineered for beds. Have you heard of Shark Tank? If you are not familiar with it, Shark Tank is a popular TV show where entrepreneurs are invited to pitch their products or services to multi-millionaires and an audience of over seven million viewers. No pressure right? After months of preparation, Mark walks us through his experience going on the show and being one of the biggest failures that Shark Tank has ever seen and despite the absolutely brutal reply from the billionaires, despite all the negative feedback, Mark got up, mortgaged his house (twice) and still made it happen. Today BedJet is the #1 customer rated product in the mattress category on Amazon and has received hundreds of, almost all, five-star reviews. Take a listen to this great story about how to turn failure into success and how to not fall prey to the talk and approvals of others. An inspiring story, take a listen!
Thanks for Listening
Again, thank you so much for your support! Please subscribe to the podcast if you haven’t already!
- How Mark was unexpectedly invited to apply to Shark Tank. [03:49]
- How the Shark Tank process helped mark refine his product pitch. [06:58]
- The challenges in creating a product that’s inventing a new product category. [08:54]
- Exposing BedJet to seven million plus viewers. [09:55]
- Mark describes the moments before walking out on stage. [12:05]
- The one thing Mark didn’t prepare for was for them to hate him and his product. [13:44]
- The process of recovery after a crushing show. [14:51]
- When Mark realized that smart, wealthy people aren’t right all the time. [16:44]
- The only people whose opinions matter are? [20:30]
- What is the BedJet and why Mark invented the product. [23:34]
- The correlation and causality of temperature and quality of sleep. [27:15]
- Why Mark drained his life savings to get his product launched. [34:18]
- And much more!
More About Mark
- BedJet Website – https://bedjet.com/
- BedJet on Amazon – https://www.amazon.com/BedJet-Climate-Control-Cooling-Temperature/dp/B00TRFLWJW
- BedJet on Shark Tank, Season 6, Episode 17 – https://video.search.yahoo.com/search/video?fr=tightropetb&p=bedjet+on+shark+tank#id=1&vid=97a299deebab4fc929606957190be30f&action=click
- Lori Greiner: This was the first time I was really pissed off at an entrepreneur on ‘Shark Tank’: Featured in Business Insider – http://www.businessinsider.com/bedjet-on-shark-tank-2015-2
- BedJet: How A Nightmare In The Shark Tank Became A Dream Come True: Featured in Forbes – https://www.forbes.com/sites/trangho/2016/08/25/bedjet-how-a-nightmare-in-the-shark-tank-became-a-dream-come-true/#2d1c0b936fdb