In this episode of Art of Authenticity, I had a thoughtful conversation with Mark Lukach, author of My Lovely Wife in the Psych Ward.
Today on the show we have Mark Lukach. Mark is the author of international bestseller, My Lovely Wife in the Psyche Ward: a vulnerable personal story inspired by his wife Julia. Mark and Julia fell madly in love at 18, they got married and started living their dream in San Francisco. But some years later, Julia unexpectedly had a psychotic break, which landed her in a psyche ward for nearly a month and over the next few years, they both struggled with what was bipolar, depression, suicide and a lot of uncertainty and difficulty in their life and in their marriage.
Mark managed his feelings by writing this book, My Lovely Wife in the Psyche Ward and above all, it is a conversation about loyalty, love, commitment and how to handle the challenges of mental illness, which many people struggle to talk about. In today’s episode, Mark shares his authentic story; delving deep into the gift of vulnerability, the resentments of caregiving, and ultimately the perseverance of love. Take a listen to this compelling conversation.
Thanks for Listening
Again, thank you so much for your support! Please subscribe to the podcast if you haven’t already!
- The back story: What led Mark to write his book My Lovely Wife in the Psyche Ward. [3:30]
- Discover what allowed Mark to open up and share his pain. [6:13]
- Hear Marks thoughts on the gift of vulnerability. [9:19]
- Understand the difference between negativity and vulnerability. [10:33]
- Find out how Mark consistently brought himself out of fear and anxiety. [12:42]
- How Mark and his wife had to re-negotiate the terms of their relationship. [16:32]
- Mark opens up about the resentments of caregiving. [20:46]
- Discover how writing this book enabled Mark to find his own truth again. [22:52]
- In today’s world of instant gratification, how does Mark define love now? [25:57]
- Find out what an authentic life means to Mark. [29:16]
My Lovely Wife in the Psyche Ward at Barnes and Noble — https://www.barnesandnoble.com
My Lovely Wife in the Psyche Ward on Amazon — https://www.amazon.com
More About Mark
Mark Lukach’s Website — http://www.marklukach.com/
Mark on Twitter — https://twitter.com/marklukach
Mark on Instagram — https://www.instagram.com/marklukach/
Mark on Facebook — https://www.facebook.com/writermarklukach