In this episode of Art of Authenticity I had a thoughtful conversation with Matt Aaron, the cofounder of Andes Fruits and creator of the Food Startups Podcast.
Matt Aaron is a food entrepreneur, cofounding Andes Fruits in Colombia. They ship exotic Colombian fruits to the United States. He’s also the creator of the Food Startups Podcast, a show dedicated to demystifying the confusing food business.
But he wanted to talk about something else today – money, pressure, and passion. More importantly, how do you balance these three forces in your life in a way that’s truly authentic to you? It’s not easy, and Matt’s not claiming to have all of the answers, but he certainly has some interesting insight that I think you’ll enjoy.
Thanks for Listening
Again, thank you so much for your support! Please subscribe to the podcast if you haven’t already!
- Matt’s background and what inspired him to become an entrepreneur [2:20]
- The background on his podcast, The Food Startups Podcast [5:50]
- How the reception has been to his podcast [08:17]
- Why he wanted to talk about money, pressure, and passion [09:45]
- Dispelling myths about passion [12:40]
- How to balance money vs. passion [15:01]
- Balancing the pressure of business with life [18:02]
- The power of journaling and digital detoxes [23:33]
- Balancing your current business success with your future goals [25:10]
- How Matt defines authenticity [28:30]
- His big turning point moments [30:02]
- The last time he was almost inauthentic and caught himself [32:18]
- Matt’s daily practices [35:24]
More About Matt