In this episode of Art of Authenticity I had a thoughtful conversation with Mike Bundrant, an NLP practitioner and the founder of the iNLP Center and the A-ha process: the end self-sabotage.
Welcome to this week’s episode of the Art of Authenticity. I’m Laura Coe, your
host, and thanks for joining me. Today, I’ve got Mike Bundrant joining us. He is the founder of iNLP Center. He is a Master NLP Practitioner. NLP is Neuro Linguistic Programming. It is a specific type of coaching that I love. It’s really effective, and if you’re a coach it is something you should definitely check out.
He’s also a retired psychotherapist. He no longer focuses on the psychotherapy approach, he mainly focuses on NLP. I understand why, it’s Tony Robbins, a lot of people have popularized it, it’s a really, incredibly powerful tool to get change in your life.
Mike and I had a chat before the podcast, and we agreed to a very different format for the show. You’re in for a real treat, hopefully you like it. I read his book, Your Achille’s Eel: Discover and Overcome the Hidden cause of Negative Emotions, Bad Decisions and Self-Sabotage. It’s a really short 30-page document. I felt like we could really get through this thing in the hour, and every single page that I read, I felt like he had outlined perfectly the process that happens when we move from our truth to an inauthentic life.
Thanks for Listening
Again, thank you so much for your support! Please subscribe to the podcast if you haven’t already!
- Mike’s background and an introduction to NLP (Neuro-linguistic programming) [3:58]
- What does a NLP tool look like and how is it different from classic therapy [5:56]
- What is the message Mike is trying to portray at the beginning of his book “Your Achilles Eel: Discover and Overcome the Hidden Cause of Negative Emotions, Bad Decisions and Self-Sabotage | Improve Your Self-Esteem” [9:56]
- Why you should feed negative, frustrated, hurt, aimless and out of control feelings [11:38]
- How did Mike decide the three categories of Chronic negativity [15:25]
- How can an attachment (eel) save you [17:15]
- Do people unconsciously choose unhealthy behaviors and negativity into their lives [23:07]
- How to outmaneuver unhealthy behaviors and negativity into their lives [25:33]
- Mike’s “AHA” (Aware, Halt, Act) concept [27:10]
- What does it mean to have an authentic life [36:25]
Books Mentioned in this Episode:
Founder of INLP Center Coaching http://inlpcenter.org/