In this episode of Art of Authenticity, I had an enjoyable conversation with Tara Mohr is an expert on women’s leadership and wellbeing. She is the author of Playing Big: Practical Wisdom for Women Who Want to Speak Up, Create and Lead.
Today on the show we have Tara Mohr joining us. Tara is an expert on women’s leadership and wellbeing. She is the author of the very successful book, Playing Big: Practical Wisdom for Women Who Want to Speak Up, Create and Lead, which was named the best book of the year by Apple’s iBooks. Her book is packed solid with legitimate, practical advice that you can apply today. Her work featured on The Today Show, the New York Times, Goop, and the Harvard Business Review.
In this episode we walked through many insightful and hands-on things you can do to play big. We also touch on how to speak up, and find out more about why don’t we lead and speak up from a big place within ourselves. Tara definitely brought it today, I know you’re going to enjoy today’s show. From Stanford to Yale, Tara has had quite an education, but brings it right down to your everyday life to think about how to lead big, particularly for the women out there. For coaches, therapists, and managers who want to grow and have personal growth in your life, tune in to hear what Tara has to say.
Thanks for Listening
Again, thank you so much for your support! Please subscribe to the podcast if you haven’t already!
- Why frustration with the lack of women’s leadership in our world inspired Tara’s book. [2:49]
- The responsibility of a leader to give practical, actionable advice. [3:52]
- Learning to distinguish between the voice of the inner critic and realistic thinking. [5:27]
- Recognizing the vicious cycle of being fueled by your inner critic. [9:50]
- Moving away from the inner critic fueled motivation towards motivation from a positive place. [11:32]
- Chronic health problems associated with working from a fear-fueled state. [13:15]
- The limitations of being motivated by your inner critic; what it cannot help you do. [14:20]
- Visualizing your future self and the inner-mentor visualization technique. [17:32]
- The inner mentor as a power tool for stepping into the life and work you feel called toward. [26:49]
- Understanding speech habits and how they affect the expression of our communication. [31:14]
- The overvaluing of expertise that women in particular have been tricked into. [38:58]
- Taking a stance of listening to your dreams and giving yourself permission to pursue them. [42:11]
- And much more!
More About Tara
- Tara Mohr — http://www.taramohr.com/
- Tara on Facebook — https://www.facebook.com/tarasmohr/
- Tara on Instagram — https://www.instagram.com/tarasophiamohr/
- Tara’s book, Playing Big — https://www.amazon.com/Playing-Big-Practical-Wisdom-Create/dp/1592409601
- Tara on Twitter – https://twitter.com/tarasophia
- Coaches Training Institute — http://www.coactive.com/
- The 10 Rules for Brilliant Women Workbook — http://www.taramohr.com/10rules/
- Episode Resources